AP Specialist - Castle Rock, CO
Riot Blockchain, Inc. (Nasdaq: RIOT)
Job Location – Castle Rock, CO
Riot Blockchain is a Nasdaq-listed public Bitcoin mining and hosting company operating in the United States. Riot’s strategic focus is expanding and efficiently operating its Bitcoin mining operations, through industrial-scale infrastructure development at its Whinstone facility in Rockdale, Texas, and latest-generation miner procurement. Riot’s self-mining fleet is currently being upgraded to approximately 120,000 next generation Bitcoin miners. Riot has plans to continue increasing its hash rate capacity to exceed 12.8 exahash per second by the end of 2022. Riot aims to be an industry-leader in Bitcoin mining.
Key attributes we are looking for:
You are interested in Bitcoin and being involved in the sector. You are creative, innovative, and strive to improve organizational efficiency. You have strong communication skills and can multi-task. You identify problems and solve them. You value small teams because the opportunity they provide for you to make a difference. You take initiative and you are self-sufficient. You are detail focused and have an eye for making a professional corporate image.
About this role:
The Accounts Payable Clerk will report directly to the Corporate Controller and will follow established policies and procedures in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to complete various accounting functions. Opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities in the accounting area.
- Perform full-cycle accounts payable procedures, including invoice processing, pay cycles, vendor maintenance, T&E reimbursements, researching and resolving invoice and vendor issues, and assistance with Form 1099 compliance.
- Process various invoices, including coding and obtaining supporting documentation and approvals.
- Monitor payment schedules to avoid processing delays.
- Process payments, made primarily via check and electronic payments.
- Communicate with vendors, operations team members, and others as needed.
- Maintain vendor master file, including setup of new vendors, updating existing information, obtaining necessary documentation for setup, and determining Form 1099 status.
- Assist in processing Form 1099s.
- Assist with quarterly reviews and year-end audits, and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley procedures, documentation, and testing requirements.
- Understand capital versus expense accounting and appropriately apply the Company’s capitalization policy.
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned or as necessary.
- Identify potential risk areas within area of responsibility and support the problem resolution process by reporting the issue(s) to the appropriate individual(s) and recommending solutions.
Requires mobility sufficient to travel. Some bending, stooping, and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Extensive data input and required ability to sit for long periods of time.
Key skills, education, and experience:
- Associate degree in accounting or equivalent experience of accounting and/or accounts payable.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing requirements.
- Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday Company issues.
- Must have a proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and word processing software, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to process payables, payments, queries, and generate reports in an accounting system such as QuickBooks.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets is required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license unless otherwise noted.
Preferred skills, education, and experience:
- Highly organized and have a strong attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Able to prioritize and coordinate work activities to meet deadlines while maintaining work quality.
- Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills to support the needs of auditors, operations, management, and others.
- Dependable, professional, and a team player who works well in a group environment.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.