AP Specialist/Office Coordinator - Castle Rock, CO
Riot is one of the largest public Bitcoin mining and hosting companies operating today. Riot’s strategic focus is to be a vertically-integrated Bitcoin mining company, and it is actively expanding and improving its Bitcoin mining operations, through industrial-scale infrastructure development at its Texas-based mining and hosting facilities, and latest-generation miner procurement.
Key attributes we are looking for:
You are interested in Bitcoin and being involved in the sector. You are creative, innovative, and strive to improve organizational efficiency. You have strong communication skills and can multi-task. You identify problems and solve them. You take initiative, you are self-sufficient and you are detail focused.
About this role:
As the Accounts Payable Specialist/Office Coordinator you will perform accounts payable procedures, including invoice processing, pay cycles, vendor maintenance, T&E reimbursements, researching and resolving invoice and vendor issues, and assisting with Form 1099 compliance. This is a full-time, onsite position as a combined role functioning as the Accounts Payable Specialist and Office Coordinator. Opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities in the accounting area.
- Process various invoices, including coding and obtaining supporting documentation and approvals.
- Monitor payment schedules to avoid processing delays.
- Process payments, made primarily via check and electronic payments.
- Communicate with vendors, operations team members, and others as needed.
- Maintain vendor master file, including setup of new vendors, updating existing information, obtaining necessary documentation for setup, and determining Form 1099 status.
- Assist in processing Form 1099s.
- Assist with quarterly reviews and year-end audits, and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley procedures, documentation, and testing requirements.
- Understand capital versus expense accounting and appropriately apply the Company’s capitalization policy.
- Oversee office management by organizing office operations including ordering supplies, controlling correspondence, filing and clerical functions.
- Perform other duties, including office management, and ad hoc projects as assigned or as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Follow established policies and procedures in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley controls. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday Company issues.
- Must have accounts payable experience processing payables, payments, queries, and generating reports in an accounting system. Experience using NetSuite is a plus.
- Must have a proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and word processing software, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be highly organized and have a strong attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. Must be able to prioritize and coordinate work activities to meet deadlines while maintaining work quality.
- Must have effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills to support the needs of auditors, operations, management, and others. Must be dependable, professional, and a team player who works well in a group environment.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in Accounting or equivalent experience of accounting and/or accounts payable.
- Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, required.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.