Senior IT Technician - Austin, TX
Who We Are
Riot Blockchain is an industry-leading Bitcoin mining and hosting company operating in the United States. Riot’s strategic focus is expanding and efficiently operating its Bitcoin mining operations, through industrial-scale infrastructure development at the Company’s Whinstone facility in Rockdale, Texas, and the Corsicana expansion in Navarro County, TX.
Key attributes we are looking for
You are interested in Bitcoin and being involved in the sector. You are creative, innovative, and strive to improve organizational efficiency. You have strong communication skills and can multi-task. You identify problems and solve them. You take initiative, you are self-sufficient and you are detail focused.
About the Role
We are looking to add a Senior IT Technician to our growing IT Department. As a Senior IT Technician, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing hardware and software components of our organization. This position will work closely with IT leadership to expand and improve the departments operational efficiency.
- Serve as an escalation contact for more complex or sensitive technology challenges
- Resolve user technical issues related to computers, phones, tablets, and other office systems
- Install and update company software and hardware as needed
- Ensure all security standards to be compliant with the company security polices
- Manage systems and Data access to company users
- Manage backup and recovery including Disaster Recovery Planning
- Asset management – including Hardware lifecycle management and SW licensing
- Ensure IT controls are aligned with audit compliance guidelines
- Assist in the creation and implementation of department documentation that is accessible to users and easy to understand
- Anticipate and report the cost of replacing or updating computer items
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues on Windows and other operating systems
- Contribute to creating and maintaining documentation for a knowledge base and self-service portal
- Partner with the IT Manager to determine future company technology gaps and best practices for implementing new technologies
- Act as a senior resource to the Help Desk Team
- 5+ years’ experience with Windows and MacOS workstation support and security
- 5+ years’ experience with Service Management tools (ServiceNow, Zendesk, etc.), SLAs (measurement, reporting), Incident, Change, Asset, Problem Management
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux server administration required
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure) and virtual desktop (VDI) required
- Strong understanding of SOX Compliance and IT General Controls
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to mentor and coach junior members of IT team
- Interest in learning new tech and trying new methods and processes
Education and Experience
- Bachelor preferred in computer science or equal amount of years in experience.
- 5+ years of experience in an IT Support role is required, 2+ years of experience in a senior level role is preferred.
- Advanced networking knowledge
- Professional certifications are a plus (Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.