Manager – Financial Planning and Analysis - Costa Mesa, CA
Riot Blockchain is a Nasdaq-listed public Bitcoin mining and hosting company operating in the United States. Riot’s strategic focus is expanding and efficiently operating its Bitcoin mining operations, through industrial-scale infrastructure development at its Whinstone facility in Rockdale, Texas, and latest-generation miner procurement. Riot’s self-mining fleet is currently being upgraded to approximately 120,000 next generation Bitcoin miners. Riot has plans to continue increasing its hash rate capacity to exceed 12.8 exahash per second by the end of 2022. Riot aims to be an industry-leader in Bitcoin mining.
Key attributes we are looking for
You are interested in Bitcoin and being involved in the sector. You are creative, innovative, and strive to improve organizational efficiency. You have strong communication skills and can multi-task. You identify problems and solve them. You take initiative, you are self-sufficient and you are detail focused.
About the Role
We are looking to add a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis to our growing Finance Department. As the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis, you will be responsible for financial modeling and analysis, budgeting & forecasting, and reporting key metrics. This role will partner closely with all departments in the business in leading efforts to maximize profitability and improve data-driven decisions. This position will operate out of our Costa Mesa, California office.
- Partner with individual departments to develop budgets/forecasts and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement; providing ad hoc analyses support as needed.
- Dive deeply into financial data and become a subject matter expert to provide additional insights.
- Provide month end support to ensure timely reporting of results.
- Improve upon (or implement) processes to drive efficiency/accuracy, as needed.
- Create presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively state risks/opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Create, update, and maintain financial models.
- Develop and track KPI (key performance indicators).
- Track landscape of Bitcoin mining competitors; review publicly filed documents; track competitor’s KPI including – Cost to mine, G&A, Cost of Capital, ROI, ROC, etc.
- Bitcoiner preferred
- General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles.
- Experience developing financial reports and metrics.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for building.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with strong attention to detail.
- High emotional intelligence, with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and experience working with ERPs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor in Finance, Economics, or related field; or equivalent years of experience is required.
- 5 years of experience in finance or accounting. (Experience with a public company is a plus)
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.